Access and Details of Your Stay
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Seahorse Apartments
The Seahorse Apartments consist of 3 luxurious self catering holiday apartments with private parking directly behind the apartments. The Seahorse Apartments are located directly behind the village green in Westward Ho! overlooking 2 miles of golden sandy beach.
All of the apartments can be accessed accessed by either lift or stairs; The Seahorse Penthouse apartment on the third floor enjoys an impressive roof garden on the 4th floor, which is accessible by stairs only.
The apartments are open all year round and have daily onsite management and customer service. All apartments are equipped with complimentary WI-FI and are accessed by a secure key code locking system.
If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01237 238967 or email [email protected]
- To make check-in as smooth aspossible, please bring the welcome pack sent to you prior to your arrival as this pack will include your personal secure key codes and check-in details
- Please also let us know before your stay if you have any specific requirements relating to the bedroom configurations or have allergies to pollen as we often provide fresh flowers for our guests to enjoy on arrival
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- Car parking is located directly behind the apartments. Lobster POt and Sea Spray each have one allocated private car parking space and The Seahorse Penthouse has two allocated spaces. Parking permits are provided in your welcome pack, please ensure that you display the permit clearly in the windscreen at all times
- Additional parking spaces can be provided upon request, subject to availability
- Once you have parked your car, please proceed to the front of the building where you will see the Seahorse Apartments entrance clearly signposted, our logo is a blue seahorse. The front door to the apartments has our logo frosted on the glass door panel to the right of "Everything Westward" boutique.
- Prior to arrival you will be issued with a secure entry code into the apartment block
- Once inside the apartment block, you will see your personal key box on the wall with instructions on how to access the keys to your apartment.
- The apartments can be accessed by either stair case or lift
- If you are staying in the Seahorse Penthouse, the lift key must be inserted into the lift to take you to the third floor as this floor can not be accessed by any guest without the lift key
- Extra sets of keys are available upon request
Entrance to Block
- We do not have a reception area at the Seahorse Apartments, however the ground floor boutique is in the same owner hip as the apartments so guests may call into the shop if they are not able to reach the customer service team on the phone
- The 24 hour number for Seahorse Apartments Customer Relations is 07807 096997
- The main entrance door is a manually operated, number coded access lock
- Intercom access is available from each main door to each accommodation
- There is no step leading into main hallway
- The flooring is made of karndean and the stair case is solid oak
- The area is well lit by natural day light and over head time controlled lighting
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors & Lifts
- All public areas, halls, stairs, landings and lifts, are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights (fluorescent lighting is used in the lift). Corridors are slightly dimmer lit by wall lights
- Corridors are 1200mm/47ins wide and the floor covering is karndean
- The stair case is made of oak
- One platform lift accesses all apartments and has tactile buttons. The floor is non-slip laminate. There is an emergency phone in the lift and automatic lighting
- The lift does not access the Penthouse roof garden, this is only accessible by the stairs
- The roof garden is not a public area and can only be enjoyed by guests staying in the Penthouse
- Fire sprinkler system throughout public areas and all apartments
Entrance to the Unit
- All apartments have 2 bedrooms and are accessed directly off of the landings
- The entrance door is 762mm/30 inches wide, light and easy to open
- There is step free access into the apartment
- There is emergency lighting above the entrance to the apartment
Halls, Stairs, Passageways
- The hall is well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights
- The hallway in the apartment is 1200mm/47.2ins wide
- The floor covering is karndean on the hall and oak on the stair case
- The lounge area is accessed by level entry from the hallway and is open plan connecting with the dining room and kitchen areas
- The door from the hall is 762mm/30 inches
- There is a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs with non-feather cushions as well as some high chairs with and without arms, together with a low coffee table
- Furniture can be moved
- There is a widescreen digital television with remote control, subtitles, and audio description facilities and a DVD player
- Lighting is natural daylight with a choice of wall and ceiling lights
- The flooring throughout the apartment is karndean
- The dining area is open plan, connecting with the lounge and kitchen with level entry from both
- The dining table (moveable side to side) has legs on each corner,660mm/26 inches floor to lowest point of table (underspace) and 800mm/31.5ins high
- There is free space around the table
- Chairs (all moveable) – 6 chairs with padded seats that have no arms, 2 chairs with padded seats with arms. There is a high chair available if needed
- Lighting is natural daylight with wall lighting and table lamps around the room
- Flooring is karndean
- The kitchen is open plan connecting with the lounge and dining area with level entry from both.
- The door of the oven drops down and the handle is 690mm/27ins above the floor. The hob is 930mm/36.6ins above the floor.
- Worktop and sink are 930mm/36.6ins above the floor.
- Fridge freezer available, highest shelf in fridge 870mm/34.25ins and lowest drawer in freezer 950mm/37.4ins.
- Large handled utensils, and cordless kettle.
- Washing machine door handle opens inwards handle is 19"/ 48cm above the floor.
- Drop down door for dishwasher access,
- Karndean flooring throughout
- Wall mounted integrated coffee machine, 42"/107cm shelf above floor level.
- Wall mounted integrated microwave, 42"/107cm above floor level. Door opens outwards.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- There are 2 bedrooms. One bedroom has a king bed with en-suite whirlpool bath, and the other bedroom is a twin room with en suite shower.
- Step free, level access to all bedrooms.
- The doors to all bedrooms are 762mm/30 inches the space between the frame is 29" 740mm
- The height of all beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 24.5"ins/ 620mm.
- The space next the bed in the master bedroom is 27"/690mm on the right hand side.
- Lighting in all of the bedrooms is natural daylight and at night overhead lighting and bedside table lamps
- Furniture can be removed or rearranged.
- A roll away bed for use by a personal assistant/carer or friend/family member is available.
- Free standing wardrobe, handle is 39"/99cm above floor level.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and WCs (En-suite or Shared)
- The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and a separate bathroom is available adjacent to the other bedrooms. The en-suite has the following:
- Step free, level access.
- Door opening 740mm/29 inches
- The step to shower has a raised lip of 7.5".
- Toilet seat is /16"/410mm high.
- Wash basin 890mm/35" high, there is no clear space under the wash basin.
- Lever taps on the washbasin and square knobs on the bath & shower
- The apartments have complimentary WI-FI and a strong phone signal.
- All staff have had TFA training
- We welcome assistance dogs and bowls and dog towels can be provided on request.
- Daily housekeeping service available upon request
- No plans in the pipeline for the interior as the Seahorse Apartments are a new development
- Improved signage and directions from car park to be completed by September 2013
Address (Inc postcode):
Seahorse Apartments Latitude 51 Bath Hotel Road Westward Ho! N Devon EX39 1GW
Hours Of Operation:
Chris Murdoch - Owner 01237 238967 or 07807 096997 Emergencies Northam Health Centre - 01237 474994 Emergency Dentist - 01237 476786 Nearest Hospital – Bideford Hospital Abbotsham Road Bideford, Devon EX39 3AG 01237 420 200 (small hospital) Main Hospital – North District Hospital Barnstaple 01271 32257
Local Equipment Hire:
Wheel chair hire is available from a local business AM Care Units 2 & 3 Daddon Court,Clovelly Road Industrial Estate,Bideford,EX39 3HN Tel:01237 479553 A wheel chair friendly restaurant is located next to the Seahorse Apartments, this restaurant has a disabled access lift.
Local Accessible Taxi:
Taxi - North Devon Taxis 01271 415161 Bideford Cars 01237 429992 and Quay Cars 01237 472027 – both have wheelchair accessible vehicles. Torridge Taxi & Shuttle have 4&8 seater taxis 01237 422632 / 07872345267
Local Public Transport:
Local transport Bus - First Bus – Beacon Bus and National Express all run regular services from Westward Ho! Village center www.firstgroup.com - 08457 48 49 50 and www.nationalexpress.com - 08717 818181 Train – nearest station is Barnstaple – 9 miles – with link to Exeter St David’s Nearest main line station is Tiverton Parkway – 45miles – direct to Paddington, Contact: www.thetrainline.com or phone 0870 010 1296 Local petrol stations Morrison’s and Esso garages are next door to each other in the town of Bideford about 3m away - follow signs to Bideford. Blights garage is located on the left hand side of Clovelly Road near ASDA. Carry on past ASDA on your right, Blights garage is on the left hand side it is about 2.5m from here. A service station is located at Roundswell (near KFC) on the A39 link road to Barnstaple.